Approval and Disaproval


Approval
In a neutral situation:
·         Yes, that’s very good
·         It’s absolutely right
·         I’m very pleased about …
·         What a good/excellent  idea
·         That’s the way it sould be.
In an informal situation
·         That’s great!
·         Terrific!/fantastic!/great!
·         OK!
·         … is great/fine!
·         How terrific/fantastic!
In a formal situation:
·         Personally, I entirely agree with the plan
·         I would certainly give … my backing
·         I think we can/should give …. Our full/complete approval
·         I can see no reason to appose…..




Disapproval
In aneutral situation:
·         I can’t approve at ….
·         I really don’t approve …
·         I’m not pleased/upset about …
·         It’s wrong to ….
In an informal situation:
·         Well, I don’t think much of ..
·         I’m dead against
·         Really?
·         Surely not!
In aformal situation:
·         I disapproval at …
·         I really don’t feel I can give my approval to …
·         I can not give my approval/support to ….
·         I would find it difficult to recommend
Asking if someone approves
·         Do you think this is all right?
·         Are you in favour of...
·         Is this OK now?
·         Do you approve?

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

THE PASSIVE VOICE

GERUND AND INFINITIVE

ARISTARCHUS